Thursday 27 November 2014

The Cake Shop I've Loved For 20 Years

Since moving to Vancouver a long long time ago, Michele Cake Shop has always been at the top of my Chinese bakery list.

The fruit tarts are 1/3 of my favourites.  Want to know what the other two are?  Read on!

The store is located in the Kerrisdale area.  There are free road side parking on both sides of the street as well as at the back of the store.  It's a convenient location to transit to.


 My second favourite is the chestnut cake, which was sold out for the day (of course it is).  My third favourite is the fresh mango cake, but that is only available during the summer, which is the mango season.  I've always loved their use of fresh fresh mangoes that are not sour at all.  For now, there are plenty of other cakes that are good.

Everything about this bakery has so much childhood memories for me.  I used to pack it for lunch one or two days every week in elementary school.  Not that I've been studying in Vancouver much, but when I do, Michele Cake Shop has always been my go to bakery.  I guess for now, like many good food in Vancouver, I'll have to leave it and all the memories behind to create new ones.

P.S. Don't worry, I only ate the fruit tart.  The rest are for my colleagues tomorrow since I don't have time to bake.

No comments :

Post a Comment