Sunday 9 November 2014

Prawns, Scallops, Portabello Mushrooms...Take Your Guess

I discovered good Seafood Crêpe in Vancouver!
Giraffe Restaurant is in White Rock, facing the waters.  Take a look at their website and you will see that they serve brunch, lunch and dinner. 


 I love this decor because it reminds me strongly of those small bistros in Europe. 


This, my dears, is the seafood crepe.  They use local fresh ingredients, which includes our very own ocean wise seafood.  This dish is under the lunch menu for CAD$18. 
(Ingredients: Prawns, scallops, seasonal fish, portabello mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, baby spinach, white wine veloute, pan fried new potatoes, organic greens tarragon creme)

Daily soup: Manhattan Clam Chowder CAD$7
I love how it's so freshly made.  It's also my favourite tomato-based soup.  When I ate the vegetables, my brain flew off as if I could see the making of it, in-house, in a small but friendly kitchen.

 Giraffe-shaped dark chocolates as dessert.

Phew, that was a heavy brunch.  
We also went to Italian Touch next door for desserts (I will write another post about their amazing tiramisu next time).  As the owner of the Italian Touch said, there are many smaller-scale restaurants in Vancouver with owners originally from all over the world.  These are not necessarily fine dining nor famous restaurants, but their customers keep going back again and again.  Their clienteles may be older, which could mean that they do not blog and take food photos like the new generations.  Because of that, the restaurants may not receive a 4.0/5 when you search online but they still make very delicious and authentic foods. 

Over the years, I've pretty much tried all the highly rated restaurants in Greater Vancouver.  I am leaving in less than a month and it feels like I've only started to discover these wonderful little ones.  Once in a while when I hit up a great family-sized restaurant, I finally feel that it's truly about the chef's passion and the joy from having humble good food.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment