Saturday 28 March 2015

Brighton Part 1: A Seaside City

About 86km away from London (SE England), I travelled to the seaside city of Brighton one Sunday.

The Brighton Pavilion was the main reason I decided to visit. 

One of the Pavilion's most famous residence was George, Prince of Wales.
(No, not the little Prince George - he is the Prince of Cambridge.)

Now that I've done this extremely brief Royal introduction, I feel a lack of knowledge on the topic of the British Royals.


I hopped on the train from Victoria Station, changed to a direct bus to Brighton Station from Three Bridges.

The weird thing is, changing to the bus actually gets you there faster than a direct train from London to Brighton!

The total travel time was only 1.5 to 2 hours.  It was an easy journey from London.
(By the way, did I mention I still managed to miss my train there...?)




Heading to the Royal Pavilion.

It's about 5-10 minutes walk from the water.





The weather was not perfect.

The sky's colour was :)

This is such a beautiful photo.  I love it so much!

Somehow, it makes me think I might be in the Maldives.





The Brighton Wheel!



I wanted to do the "introduction" hand sign, but obviously carrying too much.


Not sand, but some shells and a lot of colourful pebbles.




How appropriate it is to have Sea Life here!




I was in Brighton early on a Sunday, so many stores were not open yet.

There are snack stores, a huge arcade and a theme park at the end of the Pier.










After visiting the seaside, I hopped onto a local bus and headed towards Marina Village.

You can take bus 7 or 27 from the city centre.  One trip costs £2.40.


Welcome to the Marina Village!

I haven't been to LA, but I'd imagine it's something like this?


A little of missing home here.

It felt like Vancouver with all these yachts.







The sun literally came out for as long as my selfie lasted.  Yay!


Walking in front of me were a father, his son (about 7 or 8 years old?) and the grandfather.

The son wanted his father to shoulder carry him and the father immediately did.

Grandfather (to the little boy): He's really getting a little too heavy to carry.

The father nodded, kept his son on his shoulder and walked faster.

It's not an amazing story, but a little moment like this truly warms my heart.


I wore a not overly warm but comfortable red winter jacket, sweater, dress, tights and Toms.
For once, I felt that I wore enough but not too much!

The sky was a little gloomy, but the sun peaked out from time to time.

All in all, the solo trip turned out much better than expected.
I've decided to travel at least once a month to somewhere near London. 

England, like other European countries, is very beautiful and historic.

No comments :

Post a Comment