Saturday 2 May 2015

[Germany] Courtyard Marriott

I am very picky when it comes to accommodations, especially when travelling solo.

Safety is my number one priority.  Then comes cleanliness.

In some European cities, a decent hotel room isn't that much more expensive than a private room in a hostel.

This time in Cologne, I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott.

From the airport, hop on the S13 train for 15 minutes and get off at the Köln Hbf.

The walk is then about 10 minutes.

For some reason, Google map guided me to get off at the station (Köln Hansaring) after Köln Hbf.

It made no difference because the walk is still 10 minutes or so.

I really liked the front desk service and the room.

Cleanliness was also good: 8.5/10.

I deducted points off the bedding because the sheets were not soft enough nor pure-white clean.

My backpack fit in nicely with the room decor.

These windows <3

There wasn't much of a view, but getting so much light into the room was a bonus!

My room was on the third floor.  I think the highest level is either the fifth or sixth.

Modern bathroom design - oh, how I loved this!

The shower was strong enough (you can adjust the water pressure).



Yes!  A large full-body mirror.

Best way to check if you look okay for the day of travel.

   

Room temperature was also easily adjustable.
(Super important for me as I normally turn up the heat.)

I miss Asian hotels where they provide more toiletries and most importantly, slippers!

I find hotels in Germany are newer and cleaner at a better rate, at least compared to Paris and London.

The only problem was the hotel didn't offer free in-room WiFi, but only in public areas.
You could choose to buy internet service in room and pay in cash when checking out.

It was a nice stay and I would definitely look into the Marriott chain more going forward.

No comments :

Post a Comment